<GM> *GAME ON*



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YENNE & THE OFFICER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<GM> * Yenne, you're disarmed, cuffed, and put in the back of an ambulance. Two paramedics are with you, as well as one officer. *
<Yenne> ((are they armed?))
<GM> * The officer is, the paramedics might be, you don't know for sure. *
<GM> * The officer moves up to you and shines a laser into your eyes. *
<GM> * He sits back down and consults something similar to a pocket secretary. After a few minutes, he looks up at you quizzically. *
<GM> * "What's your name?" he asks. *
<Yenne> "It's Yenne."
<GM> * "Yenne what?" *
<Yenne> "Yenne Blackheart."
<GM> * "Give me your story, what happened back there?" *
<Yenne> "The guy that was handcuffed next to me started killing people. He killed the two in the office, and drew down on my friend so we started to fight him when you guys showed up."
<GM> * "What were you doing on campus?" *
<Yenne> "Just driving past and we heard gunfire, so we stopped."
<GM> * He regards you. *
<Yenne> "And then he opened fire on my friend and I, so we fought back and then you guys showed up."
<GM> * "So where are you from, Mr. Blackheart?" *
<Yenne> "From Night City."
<Yenne> ((am i still hand cuffed?))
<GM> * Most definately. *
<GM> * Officer: "Where the hell is that?" *
<Yenne> "It's the slums of Portland... we call it Night City."
<GM> * "Uhhh, right....Maybe YOU call it Night City. Everyone else calls it Portland." *
<GM> * He shakes his head then sits back and watches you. *
<GM> * Unless you try something outrageous, you're taken to a hospital where you are checked out by doctors. They tell you that your ribs are bruised and have your chest wrapped. *
<GM> * You remain cuffed the entire time. *
<GM> * From the hospital you're taken to jail where they place you in a holding cell. *

  • Yenne passes out.
<GM> * The hustle and bustle of the jail goes on around you for the duration of the weekend. On Monday you're questioned by some more detectives. You stick to your story, knowing no other recourse. *
<GM> * When they're through with you they stick you back in the holding cell. *
<GM> * The faculty is a mishmash of Lone Star officers and University PD types. Occassionally a few members of the Plex Guard or Hollywood Pen employees make an appearance. Soy rations in a discolored baggy are thrown into your cell at mealtime -- it's every criminal for himself then, with ruffians battling it out to hoard the most chow. *
<GM> * The desk guards take bets on who will get the most to eat, and who will be taking a trip to the Infirmary. *
<GM> * On Tuesday afternoon the officer who took you in returns and brings you out of the cell. *
<GM> * You're cuffed and escorted wordlessly through the station and into a parking lot. Almost everyone avoids making eye contact with you, and several of them hurry out of whatever area you are passing through. *
<GM> * He puts you in the back of his unit and you begin to drive. *
<Therror> ((taken for a ride.. ouch..))
<GM> ((yep, SINless))
<GM> * After about 20 minutes of silence the officer speaks. "Her name was Sharon Mayhew." *
<GM> * He adjusts his rearview mirror to get a better look at you. *
<GM> * "She was 26, and engaged to one of the men on our force." *
<GM> * You're being driven to the outskirts of Renton, outside the Redmond Barrens. *
<GM> * The officer goes off-road for a bit, and drives out to a large, desolate field off the highway. *
<GM> * He takes you out (!) into the middle of the field where he parks wordlessly. He gets out and draws his pistol, then opens the back door. *
<GM> * "Get out." *
  • Yenne gets out.
<GM> * "Turn around." *
<Yenne> ((am i still handcuffed?))
<GM> * Yes. *
<GM> * He points the gun at your face and repeats himself, "Turn around." *
  • Yenne turns around.
<GM> * The muzzle is placed against the back of your head and the door is shut. *
<GM> * "Walk forward, don't stop until I tell you to." *
<GM> * You're facing the open field. *
  • Yenne keeps walking.
<GM> * You're walked out into the field about 20 meters at gunpoint. The officer escorts you that far. *
<GM> * "Get on your knees," he instructs. *
  • Yenne starts to kneel but then tries to kick him in the nuts.
<GM> * Roll quickness first. *

<Yenne> !dice 5
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 3 4 5 4 2 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6 4
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 7 3 10 3 2 5 +- Succes -> 3

<GM> * Roll unarmed combat. *

<Yenne> !dice 3
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 2 3 4 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * Yenne, you fake an attempt to kneel and try to mule-kick the officer with all your might. You feel him move into you as you kick, and grab your leg. *
<GM> * You're both sent to the ground, off-balanced by one another. *
<GM> * You land face-first into the dirt, having nothing to break your fall. *
  • Yenne kicks him with the other leg.
<GM> * No, you don't...You recieve M Stun. *
<GM> * You're face down with the officer on top of you, he shifts and you feel the muzzle pressed into the back of your skull. *
<GM> * "THAT was stupid you motherfragger," he hisses. *
<GM> * "I could blow your fucking brains out right now and no one would be the wiser." *
<GM> * The gun is at your temple. *
<GM> * "Is that what you want? You SINless piece of shit?" *
<Yenne> "No, it's not what I want."
<GM> * "You don't exist, you're a freebie...A paper-free kill." *
<GM> * He pistol-whips you across the back of your head, causing your vision to go red with pain. *
<GM> * S Stun. *
<GM> * "I was gonna let you go easy, but now you can fend for yourself out here." *
<GM> * He gets up off of you. "Good luck, asshole. Lesser men without the fear of God in them would've done you in and sold the Simsense to the pirate trids." *
<GM> * You hear him turn and walk away; you're still cuffed, lying face-down on the ground. *
<GM> * You hear his car door open and shut, then he drives away. *
  • Yenne tries to break out of the cuffs.
<GM> * Roll strength. *

<Yenne> !dice 5
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 5 5 10 5 4 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * You try your restraints and hurt your wrists. *
<GM> * You can't hear his vehicle anymore, the wind blows in your ears. *
  • Yenne tries to break out of them again.
<GM> * Roll strength...again *

<Yenne> !dice 5
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 2 4 5 4 5 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * You struggle and twist and pull and tug with all of your might, remaining face-down in a field outside the Redmond Barrens. *
<GM> * The handcuffs still prove stronger than you. *
<GM> ((maybe you'd like to try something like getting up?))
  • Yenne tries to break out of them again.
<GM> * You continue to struggle once you regain your strength. *
<GM> * Roll again, Einstein. *
<Yenne> ?

<Yenne> !dice 5
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 2 1 7 5 10 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * You still remain handcuffed. *
  • Yenne gets up and starts walking toward were his car was
<GM> * Yenne, you roll onto your back and slowly make your way to your feet. *
<GM> * You're now standing in the middle of the field, you have no idea where you are or where your car is. *
<GM> * You walk about 12 meters to where you think the officer's car was parked. Those might be tire tracks, you're not 100% sure. *
<GM> * It's about 3pm in the afternoon and you're standing in the middle of a field with your hands cuffed behind your back. You're now 12 meters from where you got beat down by the cop, with a splitting headache and a stiff neck. *
  • Yenne keeps walking.
<GM> * You walk, making like Kane from Kung Fu. *
<GM> * You exit the field and follow a fenceline. You eventually come to a road. *
<GM> * There are a few persons here and there doing their own things on the sidewalks. Some shops that haven't been burned out are open for business. *
<GM> * You begin getting looks. *
  • Yenne goes into one of the abandoned buildings and looks for something that would help take off these cuffs.

<GM> !dice 1
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 4 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * You walk into the burned-out husk of a building and look around, amp'ing up your low-light vision to counter the darkness. *
<GM> * Roll intelligence. *

<Yenne> !dice 5
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 3 3 2 4 4 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * Be more specific, what are you looking for? *
  • Yenne is looking for a saw or a pair of pliers.
<GM> * There's the jagged remains of a heater, you might be able to use one of the metal shards for leverage. *
  • Yenne tries to place the hand cuff over the metal shard to try and break the chain.
<GM> * Roll strength. *

<Yenne> !dice 5
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 3 2 4 3 5 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * The cuffs don't break; however, you feel them stress a little bit. *
  • Yenne keeps trying.
<GM> * Roll again. *

<Yenne> !dice 5
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 2 4 4 2 2 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * Still nothing. *
  • Yenne keeps trying.

<Yenne> !dice 5
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 3 3 3 3 3 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * You hear voices approaching as you try and break the cuffs. *
<GM> * You're making quite a bit of noise yourself, clanging and screeching the cuffs on the metal. *
  • Yenne keeps trying, hopefully they break this time.
<GM> * Try again. *

<Yenne> !dice 5
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 2 4 5 1 5 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * The voices get closer. *
  • Yenne keep trying.

<Yenne> !dice 5
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 5 2 2 4 2 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * Sounds like laughing and bullshitting, and a lot of tough talk. *
  • Yenne keep doing what he's been doing.
<GM> * As you keep trying to break the bonds, you see a group of thuggish-looking individuals pass the window and doorway of the building. *

<GM> !dice 3
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 3 10 3 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * There are 3 of them, two orks and one human. *
<GM> * One of the orks looks over at you and does a double take. *
<GM> * "Hey, yo, hold up..." "What?" "Huh?" *
<GM> * Roll again. *

<Yenne> !dice 5
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 2 4 4 11 3 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * As the remainder of the group turns to look in at you, you feel the cuffs stress and give. You hands jerk free with a loud CLANG, and you have a nice new pair of matching bracelets. *
<GM> * The ruffians look at you, you look at them. *
  • Yenne walks out of the building like nothing's going on and looks for a cab to get back to the bar.
<GM> * As you start walking towards the door, the group looks at each other and grins. *

<GM> !dice 1
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 3 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * The first in the group steps into the doorway, blocking your path. *
<GM> * "What the hell is wrong with you, buddy? You don't think you can just come onto the Spinner's turf and start breaking up our buildings, do you?" *
<Yenne> aye so one knoked me out and left me in a fild with these hand cuff i am just trying get back the city by the colage
<GM> * He grins, finding himself quite amusing. *
<GM> * He doesn't understand you, nor does he hear you for lack of quotations. *
<Yenne> "Aye so one knoked me out and left me in a field with these hand cuff i am just trying get back the city by the college."
<GM> * "One what?" *
<GM> * "This guy's on crack." *
<Yenne> "Oh sorry... i am still in a dazes... someone"
<GM> * "HAhahah, yeah." *
<GM> * The ork regards you. *
<GM> * Roll charisma. *

<Yenne> !dice 3
<SR-Dice> Yenne rolled -+ 9 2 2 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * The ork shakes his head, "Whatever, this bum ain't worth our time. Let's roll out." *
<GM> * The group snickers and laughs and starts walking off back down the sidewalk. *
  • Yenne walks out and is looking for a cab take him to the bar.
<GM> * What bar? *
<GM> * Yenne, you're unarmed with no armor or money. *
<GM> * Just the clothes on your back. *
  • Yenne looks for a phone book.
<Yenne> (( bro i am done for the night i am geting a head ack i am done i am stop hear))
<GM> * ... *
<GM> * Yenne wanders into the street and gets his moronic ass run over. *



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ NOVA & ARES MACROTECH, PART II ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<GM> * Be honest with me, where did you keep your backpack? *
<Nova> ((In my most recent hideout, or in the car while moving from one to another))
<GM> * Was it in your car this time around? *
<Nova> ((no, it's only for simple wall scaling where necessary, and we were just doing a recon.. or tried at least))
<GM> * Nova, you come back into conciousness in an empty room. *
<Nova> ?my condition?
<GM> * Your whole body hurts, but your head is clear. *
<GM> * You feel weak. *
<Nova> ?still in the restraints?
<GM> * No, you're laying on the cold floor in a fetal ball. Naked, save for a pair of boxers. *
  • Nova gets to his knees and looks around.
<GM> * An emptry room. *
<GM> * Slick walls, high ceiling. No apparent ways in or out. *
<GM> * The silence in the room is deafening. *
<GM> * There are lights in the ceiling. *
  • Nova tries his spurs.
<GM> * You pop them. *
<GM> * They come out. *
<Nova> ((I presume its a bright white room, right?))
<GM> * Actually the walls are a bit reflective. *
<Nova> ?the walls are cushioned or hard?
<GM> * Hard. *
<GM> * You feel weak and a bit hungry, but it's not too bad. *
  • Nova stands up and begins looking for a hollow-sounding space on the walls.
<GM> * You start knocking. *
<GM> * Every panel sounds the same on your level. *
<Nova> ?any cameras? And does the room look familiar?
<GM> * Not familiar, just standard. *
<GM> * No cameras you can see. *
<GM> * A hidden speaker crackles to life. "Good morning, sunshine," says a tinny voice. You recognize it immediately as Dr. Maddigan, the head of your project. You haven't heard his voice in a long time. It is soothing in a way, but also somewhat grating on your nerves. *
  • Nova localizes the microphone.
<Nova> "Let Me Out."
<GM> * The speakers are in the light fixture in the ceiling. *
<GM> * Like, 21 feet in the air. *
<GM> * The voice chuckles. *
<GM> * "Relax, my boy, you've just come out of surgery." *
<Nova> "..."
<Nova> "What Have You Done To Me Again??"
<GM> * "Well first and foremost we fixed some complications." *
<GM> * "Have you been having headaches, Nova?" *
<GM> * "Blurred vision?" *
<Nova> "Yes.."
<Nova> "I Still Want Out Of Here."
<GM> * He chuckles again. *
<GM> * "My dear, boy....So persistent." *
  • Nova drops his hatefull tone for a second
<Nova> "Your handywork.. Now Release Me!"
<GM> * Maddigan: "That is quite true, you are my work." *
<GM> * "You'll notice you're far less hungry than you have been, and also that your headaches are gone." *
<Nova> "You.. You Cut Out All Those Meat Chunks??"
<GM> * "The problems were unrelated, thankfully...It seems you took quite a few heavy blows to the head, which put undue stress on your mneumonic enhancements...This has been corrected." *
<GM> * "Of course...your extremely unnatural hunger was caused by a problem between your muscular enhancements and your thyroid upgrade. We've removed that problem as well." *
<GM> * "We've also taken other precautions, just to ensure that you don't leave us again." *
<Nova> "Don't Count On That One."
<GM> * "Now, Nova, that's no way to talk to your father, now is it?" *
<Nova> "I Don't Have A Father!"
<GM> * "Everyone has a father." *
<Nova> "Don't Give Me Your Genetics Expertise.."
<GM> * "Nova, you can make this a lot less painful on yourself by just being civil." *
<Nova> "Sincerely.. FUCK YOU!"
<GM> * Dr. Maddigan continues, unfettered, "If you decide to act cordially, there could still be a useful place for you within our little family. If not, I'm afraid you're quite disposable." *
<Nova> "Just Let Me Go.."
<GM> * "Not a chance, son." *
  • Nova sighs deeply..
<Nova> "You can't make me comply.."
<GM> * "No, I can't." *
<GM> * "Which is why I'm asking you to comply on your own." *
<Nova> "No."
<GM> * "Are you sure, Nova? Your sister is quite happy with her place in life." *
<Nova> "Well..."
<Nova> "I am the FAILED experiment afterall.. Don't expect me to do what you want me to do, even for her."
<GM> * "Do it for yourself, Nova." *
<GM> * "This is your last chance. Yes, or no?" *
<Nova> "There is nothing you can give me that would change my decision, the answer remains a 'No'."
<GM> * "Very well." *
<GM> * Two panels far above you slide open and a pair of heavily-armored Knight Errant troopers look down at you. *
<GM> * They look at you from their helmets, all you can see are their mouths. *
<GM> * One of them smiles. *
  • Nova freezes, knowing the odds are way against him.
<GM> * KE1: "Hey there, sweetheart." *
<GM> * He holds up a small remote-looking object. *
<GM> * He depresses a button on the remote and your body locks up in a seizure, you fall forward and hit the ground with a loud thud and black out. *
<GM> * You don't dream. *
<GM> * You come back to conciousness an unknown amount of time later, you immediately feel a stress on your shoulders and realize your forearms are locked behind your back by very powerful restraints. *
  • Nova scans his surroundings.
<GM> * You're on your haunches on the floor in a very large, well-decorated room... More like an office. *
<GM> * Real oak desk and matching furniture. Living plants, holodisplays, a wet bar, etc. *
<Nova> ((haunches?))
<GM> ((like on your knees but sitting back on your feet))
<GM> ((you body is slumped forward))
<Nova> ((okay))
<GM> * Behind said oak desk sits Damien Knight himself, looking at you emotionlessly. *
<GM> * He looks very chic in his silver silk suit. *
  • Nova gets up.
  • Nova stares at him like at the devil himself.
<GM> * You can't exactly get up from his position, your ankles are bound as well, just not by solid restraints. *
<GM> * Damien Knight regards you. *
<GM> * He's flanked by two individuals. On his left a nondescript human man with hard features and buzz cut brown hair wearing mirrorshades; and on his right stands Flare -- your sibling and lifelong sparring partner. *
  • Nova looks her in the eyes.
<GM> * She looks back, pretty blankly. *
<GM> * You're aware of four men behind you, by the sounds of them. *
<Nova> ?close?
<GM> * Not too close. About 2 meters each. *
<GM> * A fifth person enters from a door behind you as well. *
  • Nova looks back.
<GM> * 4 heavily-armored Knight Errant guards and Dr. Maddigan. *
<GM> * They all have shotguns, submachine guns, and various other instruments of pain and death on their persons. *
  • Nova checks the restraints on his ankles.
<GM> * Troll-Strength ankle restraints, held together by a foot and a half-long chain of the same strength. *
<GM> * "Is this him?" asks Damien Knight in a cool, even tone. *
  • Nova looks back at him.
<GM> * "Yes," Dr. Maddigan answers with a sigh. *
<GM> * "This is what I pay you for?" *
<GM> * "Yes, sir." *
<GM> * "I might have to re-evaluate your funding, doctor." *
<GM> * "...Yes, sir." *
<GM> * Knight stands up and comes around the desk, stepping up to you, Nova. *
  • Nova tries to stand up.
<GM> * Two of the guards rush to you as soon as you start moving and grab you, pinning you on your haunches. *
<GM> * Damien Knight: "Dispose of him." *
  • Nova tries to shake them off.
<GM> * They hold fast. *
<Nova> "NO."
  • Nova knows that means death..
<GM> * Mr. Knight turns back around. "Flare, Alex, accompany them to make sure the job is done." *
<GM> * "Yes, sir," they answer in unison. *
<GM> * For the first time, you notice a collar around your neck. *
<GM> * One of the guards grabs a chain that apparently connects your neck to your forearms behind your back and hoists you up to your feet like a suitcase. *
<GM> * KE Guard: "Let's go, Daisy-eater." *
  • Nova struggles.
<GM> * They turn you around and you see Maddigan hand a guard a familiar remote control. *
<GM> * "Nova, don't fight...It's for the best," says Maddigan. *
  • Nova looks the doctor in the eyes, "No.."
<GM> * Dr. Maddigan shakes his head. *
<GM> * These guards are extremely strong, stronger than you. *
<GM> * Your restraints make attacks or self defense impossible. *
  • Nova deperately seeks ANY chance, whatever it might be.
<GM> * You're moved forward. *
<GM> * Two KE holding you, two in front on the flanks. *
<GM> * You hear Flare and the anonymous man named Alex behind you as well. *
<GM> * Maddigan leads the pack as you're escorted out the door. *
  • Nova makes it hard for the KE holding him.
<GM> * Maddigan turns and looks at you, fetches the remote from the guard, and presses a button on it. Your neck tightens up and you feel sick to your stomache. *
<GM> * It's all you can do to stay upright. *
  • Nova gives up.
<GM> * You comply with your fate and are escorted into a large lift as Dr. Maddigan eases off your synaptic neuro-epileptromiters. *
<GM> * The lift takes you all down many levels. *
<GM> * When the doors open you're in a lobby-hallway hybrid of sorts, with several sections leading to a large glass wall and the outside world. *
  • Nova feels his heartbeat reaching some 200rpms.
<GM> * Your troupe begins walking through the lobby, falling into the same order of movement as before. *
<GM> * You near the glass doors to the outside world and a guard at a desk hits some buttons and they slide open. *
<GM> * There's an armored black van parked right out front. *
  • Nova keeps going where they make him.
<GM> * "Thank you," says Maddigan to the man at the desk. *
<GM> * The KE nods and looks at you. *
<GM> * #BLAM# *
<GM> * His head snaps back and blood sprays against the wall. *
<GM> * The guards in front of you spin around as you hear a loud crash and the shattering of glass from behind you. *
<GM> * "WHAT THE FUCK?!" *
<GM> * You get hit in the back of the head, hard. *
<GM> * You crumple to your knees in your already queezy state. *
  • Nova puts his head down for cover.
<GM> * Roaring gunfire erupts from all around you. *

<GM> !dice 6
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 5 4 1 5 2 4 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 4 5 4 3 2 2 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 2 2 2 2 2 2 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 4 5 11 4 10 2 +- Succes -> 0
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 2 5 4 5 4 4 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 2 4 3 5 4 10 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 9 3 4 2 3 4 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 14 2 2 3 1 2 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 9 3 5 5 5 5 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 8
<GM> !dice 8
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 3 2 3 4 1 2 5 3 +- Succes -> 0
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 1 9 3 5 5 2 3 2 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 8
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 2 4 4 4 3 2 2 5 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 8
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 5 3 3 2 5 5 5 5 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 5 2 11 1 8 3 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 5 7 11 3 5 2 +- Succes -> 0

  • Nova drops prone in the hail of bullets.
<GM> * From your vantage you see one Knight Errant trooper in front of you go down, the two flanking you remain standing, as does the other one up front -- all while exchanging gunfire with someone or something behind you. *
<GM> * Maddigan ducks and runs through a doorway to the left. "STOP HER!!" he cries, as he flees out of sight. *
<GM> * "Gurk!" *
<GM> * A guard beside you goes down. *
<GM> * The one in front starts running past you. *
<GM> * You could try and trip him up. *
  • Nova does so
<Nova> "DIE!"
<GM> * Roll quickness. *

<Nova> !dice 9
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 1 2 3 5 5 4 2 5 5 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6 4
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 3 2 1 2 5 15 +- Succes -> 2

<Nova> ((my Q still 9?))
<GM> ((8))
<GM> * You spin on the ground and trip the man up. *
<GM> * He crashes down hard. *
  • Nova scans the area for the source of bullets.
<GM> * The KE are being shot at from somewhere behind you. *
<GM> * They're returning fire. *
  • Nova looks in that direction.
<GM> * The KE flanking you goes down, all shot up. *
  • Nova looks back to see who's shooting.
<GM> * You snap your head around and see Flare rushing towards you, an Ingram Smartgun in one hand and a spur popped from the other. *
<GM> * Her eyes are aflame in rage. *
<GM> * She dives at you, leading with her spur. *
  • Nova spins to point his feet at her.
  • Nova kicks her.
<GM> * You spin around on the floor, a little too late. *
<GM> * Her spur embeds itself through the helmet of the guard you tripped up and his body spasms once. *
<GM> * She grabs you roughly and flips you over with ease. *
  • Nova looks her in the eyes really expecting this to be the usual fight between them.
<GM> * She's kneeling in front of you and fucking with the restraints at your back. *
<GM> * Flare: "Get out of here, NOW!" *
<Nova> ?I'm loose?
<GM> * You feel your forearms freed from behind you back as she jumps to her feet. She plants a foot on your knee to steady your legs for a moment and blasts through your ankle chains with a burst of autofire. *
  • Nova picks a gun or whatever up, and stands.
<GM> * Suddenly she's blindsided by the man with hard features, whom you heard called 'Alex'. He smashes into her bodily, both of them crashing into the front desk from the force of the tackle. *
<GM> * You grab the nearest gun. *
<GM> * You're queezy and weak. *
<GM> * M Stun. *
  • Nova unloads at the guy.
<GM> * You see four more KE guards pouring from the lift you just exited. *
<GM> * Which shot do you take? You can shoot Alex and possibly hit Flare... *
<GM> * Or go for the newly-arrived Knight Errant sec team. *
<Nova> ?distance to the door?
<Nova> ?and what kind of gun is it?
<GM> * 3 meters to the door, 7 to the van. *
<GM> * It's an SMG. Ingram smartgun. *
<GM> * Flare dropped it when she was tackled. She continues to struggle with her seemingly unarmored assailant, and gets her face punched through the top of a splintering desk. *
<GM> * Random Guard: "WASTE THE MOTHERFUCKER!" *
  • Nova fires at the newly arriving guards in a wide arc.
<GM> * Roll, TN of 6. *
<GM> Then 7
  • Nova gets up to his feet and runs to the van.
<GM> then 8
<GM> etc
<GM> up to 10 shots. *
<GM> * On FA. *
<Nova> ((wait, dont have an smg skill, what do I use?))
<GM> pistols
<GM> or shotgun

<Nova> !dice 5 6
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 3 3 1 2 5 +- Succes -> 0
<Nova> !dice 5 7
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 5 2 1 5 11 +- Succes -> 1
<Nova> !dice 5 8
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 10 5 11 5 3 +- Succes -> 2
<Nova> !dice 5 9
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 2 2 2 1 2 +- Succes -> 0

  • Nova starts running.
<GM> * You spray the guards and turn tail. *

<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 2 1 3 3 3 2 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 3 3 3 5 3 5 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 5 2 2 3 3 2 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * They return in volleys, the sounds of autofire resounding in the hallway. Bullets tear the floor around you to ribbons and smack against the "glass", causing small pits but no breakage in the bullet-resistant surface. *
<GM> * You're out the door, barefoot and trussed up in a huge array of restraints, but breathing and unperforated. Where're you going? *
  • Nova scans the van on thermos, running towards it.
<GM> * There's a driver getting out holding a combat gun. *
  • Nova shoots him.
<GM> * BF or FA? *
<Nova> ((oh, smg.. BF))
<Nova> ?tn?
<GM> * Roll it, TN of 6 then 7. *

<Nova> !dice 5 6
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 1 2 1 2 2 +- Succes -> 0
<Nova> !dice 5 7
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 3 3 4 3 4 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * Karma? *
<GM> * You got 2 kpool. *

<Nova> !dice 5 6
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 3 3 5 2 5 +- Succes -> 0
<Nova> !dice 5 7
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 2 8 5 7 3 +- Succes -> 2

<Nova> ((I can do it like this, right?))
<GM> * You open fire, tripping on the framework as you exit the building. *

<GM> !dice 7 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 3 1 2 4 3 5 5 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * Miraculously you manage to hit your target, he jerks as three small holes appear in his armor vest. *
<GM> * He falls back against the van and drops to the ground, the door hangs open and the vehicle is running. *
<Nova> ?any other heat sigs. in the van?
<GM> * No. *
  • Nova gets to the driver's seat.
<GM> * You jump into the van. *
  • Nova spins the wheels and rides off.
<GM> * You start driving, in the rearview you see Alex come barreling through the door holding a combat gun and firing at you. *
<GM> * The rearview mirror is blown off the van. *
<GM> * Roll reaction. *

<Nova> !dice 8
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 2 4 5 5 8 3 2 9 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * You tear ass out of there in the heavily armored and unmarked Knight Errant transport van, hitting 60mph and smashing through the front gate. *
<GM> * You hear a few thunks on the chassis and dings from various small arms fire. *
<GM> * RIDE NOVA, RIDE! *
<Nova> ((hehehe))
<Nova> ?where am I anyway?
<GM> * You're Downtown, near the Industrial Zone and the Dockyards. *
<GM> * Where to? *
<GM> * Roll intelligence as well. *

<Nova> !dice 5
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 4 5 3 3 3 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> actually
<GM> * Roll Security Procedures. *

<Nova> !dice 4
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 11 1 9 4 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> * You remember that these vans always have homing beacons, so it'd behoove you to ditch the fucker soon. *
<GM> * You're naked save a pair of boxers, and armed with a near empty Ingram Smartgun. *
  • Nova rides to the Industrial Zone and searches for ANY car
<GM> * You head into the maze of factories and offices. There's a man in a lot walking to his Ford Americar. *
  • Nova slows down and parks the van near the man's car.
<Nova> ((so to like come to a stop when he starts opening the door or something))
<GM> * Alright. *
<GM> * You pull into the lot and slide into a spot near the man and his brown car. *
<GM> * He looks up into the van as he unlocks his door. *
  • Nova exits the van and points his gun at the man.
<Nova> "Open it and step back!"
<GM> * The man jumps back and drops his briefcase. *
<GM> * He ducks low and dives into his car. *
<GM> * "Ahhh!" *
<Nova> ?what is the configuration of all of us and the car?
<Nova> ?like where am I standing?
<GM> * Him, Americar, you, Van. *
<GM> * He's in his front seat, frantically slamming his keys into the ignition. *
  • Nova busts the passenger's window and opens the door
<GM> * #Kreesh#! *
<GM> * He starts the car and slams it into reverse. *
  • Nova gets in and points his gun at the guy
<GM> * Roll quickness.. *

<Nova> !dice 9
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 5 3 2 2 2 5 4 4 2 +- Succes -> 0

<GM> ((your quickness is now 8, here's your new sheet))
<Nova> ((I can't accept it, NO connections can be made))
<Nova> ((dont ask me why, its poland here))
<GM> well, your thyroid is gone
<GM> it's not compatible with muscle replacements anyway
<GM> which is WHY i tell you not to use CG's
<GM> and use the book
<Nova> ((no cg.. must have overlooked that))
<Nova> ((i dont even know how a cg looks like, is it a program or what?))
<Nova> ((anyway, what about the car))
<GM> ((rock and roll))

<GM> * You make it into the passenger seat of the car as it begins to roll back. The terrified man throws his own door open and dives out, running and screaming through the parking lot. *
  • Nova moves to the driver's seat and stops the car.
<GM> * You slide over and stop the vehicle's backwards movement. *
  • Nova then closes both doors and rides off to his hideout in...
<Nova> ?which barrens are closer?
<GM> * Puyallup. *
  • Nova rides to Puyallup, loosing the car somwhere and walking fast to his place, probably for the last time.
<GM> * You head to your flat in Puyallup, unpursued as far as you know but getting looks in your chains and underwear ensemble. *
<GM> * It's Friday, a week from when you accepted the run from Mr. Smithers. *
  • Nova phones his street Doc when he gets there.
<GM> * Meat or Patch? *
<Nova> ((Meat))
<GM> * Meat, the grisseled ork street doc, answers his own damn telecom. *
<GM> * "Meat's Lab, err...Clinic." *
<Nova> "Meat, it's Nova, I need a thorough medical examination, fast."
<GM> * "Uhhh, alright...I'm free at 5." *
<GM> * It's 3:45pm. *
<Nova> "I'll be there." *hangs up*
  • Nova looks for some tin foil, metalic wrap.. anything that could damp a homing signal
<GM> * You've got soy-tin foil. *
<GM> * =) *
<Nova> ((LOL))
<GM> * And duct tape. *
  • Nova makes himself into a soy-tin wrapped sandwich and puts on his spare clothes
<GM> * You wrap yourself up. *
<GM> * Luckily you've got a hooded sweatshirt to hide the foil hat on your head. *
<Nova> ((whole, only eyes and mouth free))
<GM> *... *
<GM> * You make a foil mask too. *
<GM> * Freak. *
<GM> * You head to Meat's without a dime to your name. He checks you out. *
<GM> * "What the hell...Who's been cuttin' on you, Nova? The damn stitches on the back of your head are still wet." *
<Nova> "Don't ask, it's a long story."
<GM> * He locates a small homing beacon implanted in your right calf and informs you that there's something that might be a cranial bomb at the base of your brain...He can't get an accurate reading on what it is. *
<GM> * "I can try and remove them...But it'll cost you." *
<Nova> "I'll pay you as soon as you let me survive till the next run."
<GM> * "What?" *
<GM> * Roll charisma. *

<Nova> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> Nova rolled -+ 8 5 11 2 10 9 +- Succes -> 0

<Nova> ((it's good to be scary sometimes))
<Nova> "I will pay you, just take that shit outta my head."
<GM> * Meat: "This goes against my better judgement, but alright..." *
<GM> * He sticks you with a syringe. *
<GM> * You black out, a feeling that is now not wholly unfamiliar to you. *
<GM> * I will roll, I suggest you pray whilst I do. *

<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 3 1 4 5 4 1 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 9 4 4 3 5 15 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 6
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 5 3 3 4 4 5 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 3
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 2 2 1 +- Succes -> 0
<GM> !dice 1
<SR-Dice> GM rolled -+ 2 +- Succes -> 0

<Nova> ((ouch.. you want me to burn karma for that?))
<GM> * You have no more left to burn, my friend. *

. . .

<GM> * Nova, you dream of your sister. *
<GM> * You wake up to harsh lighting, which, for a moment, hurts your eyes. *
<GM> * Meat stands over you, shaking his head. *
<GM> * "Nova, I'm sorry, there've been....Complications with your surgery." *
<Nova> "What kind of.."
<GM> * He wordlessly pulls back the sheets. *
<GM> * You look down, only to find that you've got tits!. *
<Nova> ((...))
<Nova> ((that is definitely NOT funny..))
<GM> * You black out again. *

. . .

<GM> * You come to with an oxygen mask over your face. *
<GM> * Your eyes flutter open and you're staring at the ceiling. *
  • Nova looks up.
<GM> * It's a ceiling. *
<Nova> ((looks up in the way put my head up and see whats around))
<GM> * You look around the room and see various machines monitoring you. *
<GM> * The room is a dim, and relatively faceless. You're very much alone. *
  • Nova gets up.
<GM> * You get up and feel your head swim. *
<GM> * Your clothing is folded on a chair. You're in a hospital gown. *
<Nova> ?how do I feel?
<GM> * Like shit. *
<GM> * Like hammered shit. *
<GM> * Like you and Diablo just went Round 3. *
  • Nova blinks his eyes.
<Nova> "Jeese.."
<GM> * You don't have tits. Must have been the drugs. *
<Nova> ((good))
  • Nova starts putting his clothes on.
<GM> * You put your clothes on. *
<GM> * A hidden speaker crackles to life... *
  • Nova turns to it.
<GM> * "Good morning, Nova," says a tinny, familiar voice. *
<Nova> "Ain't good, definitely.."
<GM> * It's Meat's secretary, Becka. *
<GM> * "The doctor said to tell you everything's fine, and that he'll settle his bill with you later on." *
<GM> * "You're free to go." *
<Nova> "Thanks, I'll pay up quickly."
  • Nova thinks "or die.."
  • Nova shivers on the thought..
  • Nova takes a cab to Redmond and hides for a few days.
  • Nova remembers never to use the flat in Puyallup again.
<GM> * You're free and alive. Minus your Predator and your armor, as well as a bit weaker for the count. *
<GM> * But hey, you're alive. *
  • Nova is glad to be...




Return to Chapter 03 -- Three Deckers w/ Cheese
Contributions to http://s-run.wikispaces.com/ are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2018 Tangient LLC
TES: The largest network of teachers in the world